Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pop or Soda?

     I... HATE.. artificial sweeteners. They taste completely disgusting and almost seem to taste the opposite of sweet to me. I don't drink or eat anything labelled 'diet'. Which brings me to diet sodas. Studies suggest that people who drink diet soda are more likely to be overweight  than those people that drink regular soda. In my opinion, this makes sense. Just because something (especially pop, which we all know is bad for us no matter what kind it is) has the word 'diet' on the label, doesn't mean all of the sudden it's good for you. I feel like a lot of people don't understand this. So, I think some people that drink diet sodas drink more of it because its "okay". Also, I don't think they pay attention to that other things in their diets. You can't eat like a wild animal then wash it down with a diet Coke and think you're gonna fit into that size 4 dress. I think some people use the fact that they drink a diet drink as an excuse to eat whatever they want. A diet drink is NOT a diet. The overweight problem, in my opinion, does not have to do entirely with just what's in a diet soda but it deals with a person's entire diet. We all need to educate ourselves about diet soda. Maybe, just maybe, we can start grabbing a glass of water *gasp* at lunch instead of that diet Coke.

"We stock up on popcorn and candy like we’re crossing the Sierras, don’t we?: “I’ll have a couple of soft pretzals, a hot dogs, Milk Duds, Snocaps. Is that the largest popcorn you’ve got there – that bucket? You don’t have a barrel or anything like that? Do you have a donkey or a pack mule or anything? – Oh, and a Diet Coke." -Ellen Degeneres

2 comments: