Sunday, January 30, 2011

Drum Roll Please...

One of my favorites things to eat is cheesecake. According to the Nutrition Data website, one serving size (which is equal to one slice) contains 257 calories.... 257 calories of PURE DELICIOUSNESS! Cheesecake is high in saturated fat containing 40% of the recommended daily value. There are 44mg of cholesterol (15% DV), 166mg sodium (7% DV), and 20g of carbs (7% DV). It contains small amounts of protein, calcium, and iron, each less than 5% of the recommended daily value and has a slightly larger amount of vitamin A. Also, 158 of the total calories are calories from fat. With that said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that cheesecake isn't the best food to throw into your shopping cart at WalMart but do I feel guilty about eating it? Absolutely not. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go turn on an episode of the Golden Girls and grab myself a slice of cheesecake.

"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol." -Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I will have to agree with you, even though I KNOW it is NOT healthy I would still chose it over let's say... Broccoli. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete